Surviving summer in Dallas is a breeze.
Posted on Jun 21, 2018 By Ashley Turner
We know it's hot, but who said summer in Dallas can't be a good time? Keep yourself cool and entertained by checking off all the must-do things in Dallas this summer.
- Go on a popsicle run to Steel City Pops. These refreshing treats are just what you'll need to keep cool in the heat. Go for a fruity flavor like cucumber lime or strawberry lemonade or try something creamy like coconut or piña colada. Check out their location on Lower Greenville or their pop-up stand at Klyde Warren Park.
- What better way to stay cool this summer than with an ice-cold beer! The Dallas brewery scene is not one to sleep on with several options across town like Peticolas in the Design District and White Rock Alehouse in East Dallas. Or check out our beer itinerary to plan a day of dining and drinking.
- Shop inside the Dallas Farmer's Market. The indoor market is always buzzing with excitement on the weekends, and it's the perfect outing to pick up some local goods and grabbing lunch. Be sure to grab a cold treat at Coolhaus while you're there!
Hear it live
- See your favorite artist in concert this summer. Dallas' summer lineup is full of stars performing all around town. Check the concert schedules for the American Airlines Center, Dos Equis Pavilion, and the Toyota Music Factory, just to name a few.
- See a Broadway show during the Dallas Summer Musicals series. The new season is underway, and if you're a lover of the arts, a Broadway show is right up your alley. Summer shows include The Lion King, Love Never Dies and School of Rock.
- Spend an evening in Deep Ellum. Beat the heat and check out the nightlife scene after dark bar hopping or enjoying some live music at the Bomb Factory or Trees in this fun, electric neighborhood.
Try something new
- Make your way down the Margarita Mile. In case you haven't heard, Dallas launched the Margarita Mile, an app-based experience with a collection of the best margs in Dallas. There's prizes included once you visit three spots, so grab your friends and get going!
- Try a new Dallas restaurant. The restaurant scene is constantly expanding with new eateries, we can hardly keep up. Make plans to add something new to your palette, from fine dining to casual. Start here for some inspiration.
- Visit the Cidercade in the Design District. It's an arcade and bar, offering 24 ciders on tap and over 165 games. They have cider tours on the first Saturday of the month and are open late on weekends.
- Take all the selfies. Upgrade your profile pic this summer with an awesome backdrop to compliment. Check out our new VisitDallas mural in Deep Ellum (on the corner of Malcolm X and and MLK Boulevard) or get a shot of skyline with an obligatory picture on the Margaret Hunt Hill bridge.