The Dallas Bike Ride is back in its second year and will take place on Nov. 3, beginning at City Hall at 8 a.m. The bike ride is a celebration of bicycling in Dallas and is a fun, recreational ride for bicyclists of all ages three and up. Here's everything you need to know and why you should sign up to ride today!
1. The Dallas Bike Ride is a closed-road, car-free route (choose from 20 or 11 miles) that journeys through the best Dallas neighborhoods, including Downtown and Bishop Arts District. See the full bike course here!
2. You don't have to bring your own bike to participate. Richardson Bike Mart will provide discounted bike rentals to participants, as well as helmets that you can pick up at the start of the ride. Learn how to rent a bike here.
3. You're supporting a great cause. Dallas Bike Ride will give back to the community through their partnership with BikeDFW, a local non-profit whose mission is to educate, support and promote adults and kids learning how to ride bikes.
4. There's an after-ride festival. The bike ride finishes back at City Plaza with a free Finish Festival waiting for you with fun entertainment, family-friendly activities and food trucks, so be sure to stick around for all the festivities.
5. VisitDallas is sponsoring a Bikes & Brunch for all bike ride participants to attend following the ride. The brunch will be from 12-2 p.m. at The Shed at the Dallas Farmers Market with live music and giveaways. The event is free to attend with an RSVP. Food and beverage specials and discounts will available for purchase.
6. You can win a free bike! We're giving away two Trek Precaliber 20 CSTR Boy's and Girl's bikes just in time for the Dallas Bike Ride. Enter here for a chance to win.
7. Registration is still open. Standard registration is $70 for adults ages 18 and up, $35 for ages 8-17 years old and free for kids ages 3-7 years old. Use promo code SPORTS18 for $10 off registration! Register here today.