Basic or not, it's delicious.
Posted on Nov 6, 2018 By Diana Trujillo
It's the season for everything fall and we have no problem extending that to our plates. Our list of tasty treats will keep you full of pumpkin – consider it your daily fruit intake!
- Start with the Drop Dead Gourdgeous pie at Emporium Pies. The flavor is gingerbread meets pumpkin pie, thanks to a generous gingerbread crust and a pumpkin custard filled with cinnamon cloves. This one is only available through Nov. 30, so make it out to their Deep Ellum or Bishop Arts location before the end of the month.
- Drink your pumpkin with a pint of Pumpkin Pie Dunkel at Lakewood Brewing in East Dallas. Their twist? Dunkel has no pumpkin. It's a dark, malty German lager enhanced by cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and ginger.
- Try a pumpkin-flavored macaron at Bisous Bisous in West Village. The light, delicate treats come in two holiday flavors – pumpkin spice and bourbon pecan pie – through Nov. 21.
- Kate Weiser Chocolate extends her artsy creations into fall with the addition of a chocolate pumpkin to the menu, filled with pumpkin caramels, chocolate dipped apricots and other fall-themed goodies. Find it at either location (Trinity Groves or NorthPark Center) for $25.
- Try a new twist on tamales at La Popular Tamale House in East Dallas – their pumpkin tamales are a holiday favorite! They're sold by the dozen, made daily and are gluten free.
- Torchy's Tacos off Greenville Avenue (near the SMU campus) brings out The Scarecrow for November. The taco features a chicken tender crusted with crushed pumpkin seeds and topped with pickled carrots, chipotle ranch dressing and queso fresco.
- Taste PSL in cupcake form at Sprinkles in North Dallas. There's two versions to try: a pumpkin cupcake as well as a pumpkin spice latte cupcake. The traditional cupcake is topped with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, while the PSL cupcake features a cream filling and a chocolate-based frosting.
- Steel City Pops along Greenville Avenue will have a creamy pumpkin popsicle in stock this season. Take advantage of their dipping station for graham crackers and caramel to really hit the mark on a pumpkin pie flavor. It's available through Thanksgiving!
- Put a gourd on your breakfast menu with pumpkin pancakes at Café Brazil in the Bishop Arts District. If you're heading there for lunch of dinner, try the pumpkin cheesecake for an after-meal treat.
- Try a local version of the Instagram-worthy PSL at Mudsmith. They have two locations (Greenville Avenue and Oaklawn) so you have double the chances to swing by.
Header photo credit Emporium Pies