Add these exclusive shops to your next retail outing.
Posted on Aug 2, 2019 By Diana Trujillo
No trip to Dallas is complete without some shopping – so much so that it's often referred to a sport in the Big D. And because we take it so seriously, Dallas' offerings of one-of-a-kind shopping experiences, brands and boutiques are like no other. Here's a few recommendations for your next shopping (even window shopping!) adventure.
What to expect: One of the top shopping centers in the country, NorthPark is also the largest shopping center in North Texas. Take advantage of a wide array of retail stores (there's more than 235 in its roster), spanning the spectrum of staple department stores, unique boutiques and luxury retailers along with more than 30 dining options. More than 25 retailers within their collection call NorthPark Center their only Texas location.
- Lou & Grey, an activewear fashion brand comprised of well-known and well-loved athleisure staples and unique pieces. It is the brand's only store in the southwest region of the United States.
- Nespresso, the coffee machine company with a cult following. This is the brand's first boutique location within a mall, and along with high quality coffees, it also offers a light menu of savory and sweet treats.
- Nike – the NorthPark location is the brand's only experience store in Texas. It offers the best of the brand's collections, including a NIKEID studio for customized shoes, as well as the occasional complimentary workout classes.
- Hublot, a boutique store dedicated the unique Swiss watch company.
- Longchamp Paris, a luggage, handbags and accessories store dedicated to the Parisian brand. This is the only Longchamp Paris boutique in the Southwest.
Highland Park Village*
What to expect: Just west of NorthPark Center is another immensely popular shopping destination. It's known as being the country's first outdoor shopping destination and over the years has acquired a stellar line up of retailers. Along with five brands exclusive to the United States, Highland Park Village is also home to 14 brands exclusive to Texas.
- Goyard, a Paris-based fine leather goods brand with a recently announced new shop at Highland Park Village opening in late fall.
- Madison, called by Gwyneth Paltrow's GOOP as "one of the city's best resources for great gifts."
- Bandier, an activewear boutique shop that curates more than 50 athleisure brands from around the world. A visit to Bandier outside of Dallas requires a trip to either U.S. coast; all other locations are in New York or California.
- Alexander McQueen, the iconic brand's Texas storefront featuring a single-floor space with mens and womenswear plus accessories.
What to expect: The Uptown luxury store is one of the largest independent department store in the U.S. and is known for unparallel service and a fantastic line up of merchandise from around the world. The 65,000-square-foot store in located inside Crescent Court and includes:
- The Main Store, home to a men's and women's collection
- The Shak, described as "an ultra-chic mix of contemporary clothing and accessories from the more current designer names"
- The Bridal Salon, a renowned bridal shop that includes Vera Wang shop-in-shop
Forty Five Ten
What to expect: The Dallas-based independent luxury retailer recently made headlines when it announced a new New York City location but locals have loved it for years – its doors opened in 2000 to eager fashionistas and in 2014, joined the Headington Companies' line up of stellar brands (The Joule Hotel, Trafffic Los Angeles at The Joule and Wheelhouse Dallas to name a few.) Have twice the fun with two Forty Five locations in Dallas, including a 37,000-square foot, four-story flagship store Downtown that is also home to two world class restaurants: No Aloha, a light bites and coffee café, and Mirador, a modern American cuisine restaurant along the top floor.
*Highland Park Village is a member of VisitDallas.