From festivals to educational lectures, mark your calendar for these seven can't-miss events!
Posted on Jun 7, 2021 By Ashley Turner
- Grab a ticket to Dallas Southern Pride's annual Juneteenth Unity Weekend on June 18-20 to celebrate LGBTQ+ People of Color. This jam-packed weekend is full of events you don't want to miss!
- Attend the city's first Juneteenth Celebration, March and Festival on June 19 in Fair Park. The festivities will kick off with a parade beginning at 10 a.m. and will be followed by an entertaining festival featuring live music, food trucks, car shows and more.
- Head to the Pan African Connection Bookstore for the Juneteenth Freedom Festival also happening on June 19. The festival will include live art by local artists, music and food vendors.
- Register for the Juneteenth Jubilee, an online event hosted by the Dallas Public Library on June 19. Hear from special guest Shomari Wills, author of Black Fortunes: The Story of the First Six African Americans Who Escaped Slavery and Became Millionaires, for an educational lecture that is sure to inspire.
- Celebrate Juneteenth from the comfort of your car at the Juneteenth Drive Thru Celebration on June 19 at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Center. Be sure to check out their website for more details to be announced!
- Enjoy Juneteenth Sunday Brunch hosted at Lofty Spaces on June 20. The event will promote Black economic development through a festival, pop-up shop and outdoor social gathering, where food, vendors, music and games will be available.
- From June 18 to 20, Kearstin Piper Brown and Kevin Deas will light up the Dallas Symphony Orchestra stage in honor of Juneteenth. Take a break from the heat and join for a Juneteenth gospel celebration at the Meyerson!