June in Dallas means school is out and summer fun is here! Enjoy the start of a new season with countless events to celebrate Pride, Juneteenth and Father's Day, cool outdoor activities to beat the heat, and new restaurants to try. Here are 20 of the best things to do in Dallas in June.
Celebrate Pride Month
- Head to Fair Park on June 4 for a day of Pride fun! The Dallas Pride Miller Lite Music Festival will feature incredible music, art, food, merch and exhibits. Celebrate with the whole family at the Family Pride Zone which includes games, entertainment, bounce houses, face painters and more. The Teen Zone is an annual event that aims to create a fun, safe space for LGBTQ+ teens to authentically celebrate who they are.
- On June 5, wear your pride and pick your favorite float at The Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade that will encircle the Cotton Bowl through Fair Park.
- On June 17, celebrate at the fifth annual Dallas Arts District 2022 Pride Block Party, the largest pride event in Downtown Dallas.
Treat Dad this Father's Day
- From the RH Rooftop to the Mansion, there are countless places to treat dad to a nice meal in Dallas. Check out some of our favorite restaurants for special occasions here.
- Visit the Haas Moto Museum & Sculpture Gallery in the Design District and Rodeo Goat for burgers or Ferris Wheelers for BBQ on the patio after.
- Shop at Wild Bill's Western Store for gifts of boots and hats and Stag Provisions for everything else.
- If he's into comics, Sci-Fi or gaming, join him at FAN EXPO Dallas from June 17-19 at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas.
Honor Juneteenth with these events in Dallas
- The North Texas Juneteenth Festival is at Fair Park in the historic Southern Dallas neighborhood. This event includes the Juneteenth Parade, iconic musical performances and Auto Fest, as well as opportunities to support local vendors and businesses.
- The Dallas Juneteenth Festival will be held in the heart of the Cedars and will commemorate and celebrate the emancipation of African American slaves with food, music and performances.
- Give back and join the clean team and volunteer at Keep Up the Dream – Juneteenth FEST 2022, an MLK Clean Team Initiative by South Side Quarter Development Corporation.
Outdoor fun in Dallas
- Attend Dallas Symphony Orchestra's Symphony in the City Parks Concert series starting June 3 at Kidd Springs Park, June 8 at Campbell Green Park and June 9 at Paul Quinn College.
- Visit the newly opened Carpenter Park near Deep Ellum which is the new home to a basketball court, dog play area, interactive fountain, children's environmental playscape, gardens and walking paths.
- White Rock Lake offers land and water activities in natural surroundings. Visit early morning or late evening to beat the heat. Hike or bike on the trail, arm yourself with a pair of binoculars and go birdwatching. For more ways to stay cool this summer, check out our guide on how to beat the heat!
- Stop off at the Bath House Cultural Center to enjoy local art and events featuring live music, art workshops and more!
- Visit The Dallas Arboretum to see summer blooms and enjoy their Cool Thursdays Concert Series which overlooks White Rock Lake.
Celebrate June's National Days
- June 1 is National Dinosaur Day! Whether you love fossils or Jurassic Park, discover dinosaurs in Dallas at the Dino Safari at the Dallas Zoo and the T. Boone Pickens Life Then and Now Hall at the Perot Museum. While you're at the Perot, check out the new "Becoming Jane" exhibit for the family and Thursday's on Tap for the adults.
- June 11 is National Rosé Day! Make plans to sip crisp rosé rooftop at the RH Rooftop Restaurant Dallas, try the rosé cocktail at Standard Pour or toast with Mercat Bistro's Péché Migno drink with rosé (an Insta-worthy drink).