Next door to the old Hall of Religion stands the Magnolia Lounge. It was built in 1936 by the Magnolia (now Mobil) Oil Company as a place where Centennial Exposition visitors could "sit and chat" while enjoying an extended view of the Civic Tract lagoon and stately buildings in the Exposition grounds. The Exposition guidebook noted:
"In the spacious lounge-room where comfortable seats are provided for 100 guests, continuous entertainment is provided. Talking motion pictures are projected here on a translucent screen in such a manner that they will be clearly visible while the room remains lighted."