Somewhere along the way, hotel and convention center restaurants got a bad rap – but that's not the case in Dallas. Here are 10 restaurants in walking distance from the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Dallas that will have you looking no further!
Posted on Nov 29, 2018 By Zane Harrington
Voted best steakhouse for consecutive years, Bob's Steak and Chophouse is sure to impress with its high-quality meats and fine dining experience. Start off with a caesar or spinach salad, then order your choice of steak, pork chop or seafood entrees.
2. You can't visit Cafe Herrera - one of the stops on Dallas' Margarita Mile - without trying the Maximo Margarita. This beautifully crafted margarita, served in a large coup glass over ice with a black sea salt rim, features Maestro Dobel Diamanté Tequila, Salerno blood orange liqueur, fresh-squeezed lime juice and agave.
3. Located at 400 Record in Downtown Dallas, Bullion is the latest culinary excursion of Michelin star-awarded Chef/Owner Bruno Davaillon. Boasting a range of classic and contemporary French dishes, the menu at Bullion features simple ingredients prepared using French techniques that highlight and enhance the natural flavors.
4. In the heart of Downtown, you will find one of the best tacos in all of Texas at Twisted Trompo. This taco shop began in a gas station but didn't stay there long – visit and you'll know why! It is a no-frills taco joint and offers several different platter sizes of incredible tacos.
5. Start the day Downtown with breakfast at Cindi's N.Y. Delicatessen and Bakery and splurge (in calories only) on the buttery challah bread French toast. Dallas may have a reputation for glitz and glamour, but this delicious breakfast won't do much damage to your wallet.
6. Enjoy the best views of Dallas at Five Sixty by Wolfgang Puck. Located at the top of Reunion Tower, the entire restaurant revolves around the tower, giving guests a full view of the city while enjoying creative Asian dishes.
7. The breakfast buffet at Texas Spice inside the Omni hotel is not to be missed! They have so many wonderful options, as well as many classic Southwestern dishes like biscuits with jalapeno sausage gravy.
8. Fancy a nice pasta dish or flatbread and a wonderful glass of wine? Coal Vines on Lamar is the answer. Dine with the locals at one of Dallas' favorite pizza destinations or enjoy room delivery if you are staying at the Omni Dallas.
9. Some of the best sushi and sake come from Black Ship Little Katana. Barbecue, Tex-Mex, and steak my come to mind when you think of Dallas cuisines, but this not-to-be-missed stop will have you re-evaluating which foods Dallas should be known for because of their incredible shrimp tempura roll.
10. Located just minutes from the convention center you'll find Full Circle Tavern. This spot earns a mention based on one dish alone, The Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving on a Bun. This Roasted turkey, cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce and brown gravy sandwich on a brioche bun is a must-have for those who want a taste of holidays year-round.