The AT&T Byron Nelson tournament is back May 9-12 at the Trinity Forest Golf Club, and you're in for fun-filled weekend of fan experiences and guest surprises like Tony Romo, who's set to play alongside local favorites like Jordan Speith and Ryan Palmer. While you're in town, keep the fun going exploring all the city has to offer. Here's seven things to do during your getaway to make the most of your weekend in Dallas.
1. Enjoy all the Byron Nelson festivities! Back for its second year at the Trinity Forest Golf Club, this year is set to be even better than the last. Watch PGA stars like Brooks Koepka and last year's champion Aaron Wise in action. And check out the fan experiences – watch your favorite players on the big screens in the AT&T Fan Zone, and enjoy the Grey Goose 19th Hole Lounge, a climate-controlled tent offering specialty cocktails along with a refreshing escape from the sun.
Also stop by this year's newest addition, the Katy Trail Ice House Pavilion, a shaded area right in the middle of the action at the corner of the 4th green and 5th tee, that will include outdoor patio games and menu favorites from the Uptown restaurant. If you still need tickets to Byron Nelson, click here!
2. Get a Dallas CityPASS. It's the best (and most affordable) way to experience Dallas' best attractions with a one convenient booklet – and makes planning your time away from the course a breeze. Plus, most museums have special exhibits going on, like 55 Years of JFK at the Sixth Floor Museum, and Presidential Retreats at the George W. Bush Presidential Library.
3. Score a ticket to the KAABOO Texas festival at AT&T Stadium. It's a uniquely curated experience to appeal to all five of your senses, so expect music, comedy, art, food and more! It's the first time the festival will make a stop in Texas, and you don't want to miss it. KAABOO is May 10-12, the same weekend of Byron, so you can buy a single day pass to see your artists of choice after the rounds end at Trinity Forest Golf Club. See the full line up here.
4. Practice your swing before checking out the pros at Byron Nelson. Book a tee time at Stevens Park Golf Course in Oak Cliff or Luna Vista Golf Course and Driving Range in Northwest Dallas. (see our full list of golf courses here.) Or keep it casual at TopGolf Dallas and enjoy some friendly competition; their Park Lane location is closest to the Byron Nelson activities, but there are several locations in the Dallas area.
5. Experience the Margarita Mile! Dallas' newest (and tastiest) experience is a must-do on any visit to the city. As the Official Home of the Frozen Margarita, we've hand-selected more than a dozen of the best margaritas in town. Check out our 48-hours on the Margarita Mile itinerary to get you started.
6. Spend some time in the Dallas Arts District. Walk through Klyde Warren Park and take advantage of free admission to the Dallas Museum of Art and Crow Museum of Asian Art. Stay for lunch and enjoy the numerous food truck options or grab a burger and fries from the walk-up window at Relish. Here's 10 things to do in the Arts District!
7. It's Mother's Day on Sunday, May 12, so before you head back home treat all the mamas to a special brunch or shopping spree. Check out our events collection for help planning the special day!
Header photo credit: AT&T Byron Nelson