There's no shortage of shopping opportunities in our city, especially at luxury shopping mall NorthPark Center—a fashion lover's paradise. But the shopping oasis offers more than just clothing boutiques
Posted on Sep 5, 2019 By Angela Roe
As summer fades into autumn, it's the perfect time to start piecing together a wardrobe fit for cooler temperatures. Not only are several boutiques finding a home at NorthPark Center this fall, but the mall is also featuring some unique attractions you won't want to miss, including an unforgettable virtual reality experience and an immersive art installation.
Here are the stops you have to make at one of Dallas' premiere shopping and entertainment destinations this fall:
1. Saint Laurent - Drop into this gorgeous shop for men's and women's fashions, jewelry, or some shoe shopping and feel exclusive while doing it. You'll surely be inspired by the designs reminiscent of the late French fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent, who mingled with Christian Dior in his early career. NorthPark's Saint Laurent is the only one in North Texas, and Dallas has been missing it ever since the boutique closed up shop in Highland Park Village last year. Find Saint Laurent on the first floor between Neiman Marcus and Dillard's.
2. Dreamscape - Take a break from shopping or dining at one of only two Dreamscape locations in the country (the other one is in Los Angeles!), newly opened in August. Dreamscape is a virtual reality destination seeking to transport you through its attractions. You'll have the chance to travel to three virtual worlds, including a journey through an outer space-themed wildlife refuge, an underwater expedition with a family of whales and an excursion to an ancient land. Whether you're exploring "Alien Zoo," "The Blu," or "Curse of the Lost Pearl," make sure to plan ahead for Dreamscape. The experience is for ages 10 and up and those at least 48 inches tall. Comfortable shoes and clothes are encouraged, since you'll be wearing special gear, including a VR headset. Expect to spend at least 35 minutes adventuring through Dreamscape, which you'll find on the second floor between Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom.
3. Alexandre Birman - It says something when Italian shoe designer Alexandre Birman is opening its third-ever American store right here in Dallas this September. These are not your average shoes, so the boutique fits right in at NorthPark Center. Ladies, you'll need to save up for a pair of Birmans, as they are statement pieces. But if you need booties or fabulous sandals for holiday party season around the corner, look no further. Alexandre Birman is on the first floor near Neiman Marcus.
4. Dolce&Gabbana - Opening this month, this location will be the only Dolce&Gabbana in North Texas. For truly special pieces, pop in to see the Italian fashion house's latest styles. Dolce&Gabbana is the definition of luxury, with distinguished fabrics and exclusive handbags inspired by Sicily as its centerpieces. Both men and women will find something unforgettable to wear for formal events here, and make a note to check out Dolce&Gabbana's gorgeous Sofia watch, perfumes and makeup, or the adorable couture children's collection.
5. Maje - Also making its NorthPark debut this month is the beautiful Maje boutique for women's clothing. Headquartered in Paris, the designer's French elegance is woven throughout the entire collection. There's plenty to discover in the way of office wear, and Maje is one of several brands bringing back the bodysuit this season. You'll also find a full range of accessories, including scarves, belts, sunglasses, and unique jewelry here - nothing better than a one-stop shop!
6. Golden Goose - You've seen them on social media influencers and maybe on fashionistas while out and about. What's the deal with these signature sneakers? Whether you're itching to grab a pair or not, it's worth noting that the NorthPark store will be the only one in the Southwest. Opening in October, Golden Goose offers several different shoe styles, including running sneakers and boots. The boutique also sells men's bags, clothing items for women, and kids-sized versions of the star-adorned tennis shoes.
7. The Portal - Dreamscape isn't the only place you can "escape" from NorthPark. Now on display through Sept. 25 is a one of a kind art installation and experience called The Portal, which allows guests to step inside and connect with places all over the world, including Germany, Afghanistan, Iraq, Mexico and Rwanda. The display by Shared Studios is free, located in Macy's Court and open to visitors select hours Thursday to Sunday. During those times, there's a Portal staff member onsite to facilitate conversation about the select destinations and the diversity of their people.