Summer is nearly here and there's so much to do! Start planning your trip to Dallas now.
Posted on May 19, 2021 By Ashley Turner
School's out for summer! If summer travel plans are in your near future, June is a perfect time to head to Dallas. We're kicking off Pride Month with Dallas' iconic Pride celebration before heading to a series of cultural performances, family-fun events and plenty of outdoor adventures.
- Celebrate Dallas Pride 2021, June 4 and 5 in the Historic Band Shell at Fair Park. Enjoy two nights of outdoor fun and entertainment, with special guest Marsha Dimes as the weekend host.
- Experience the ballet with various events happening at the Winspear Opera House in June. Ballet North Texas will premiere the timeless classic, Cinderella (June 4-5), and TITAS/DANCE UNBOUND will present works from Alonzo King/LINES Ballet (June 12), and Complexions Contemporary Ballet (June 18).
- Go on the Dallas Vegan Tour, hosted by Dallas by Chocolate Food Tours and Dallas Bites on June 5. From appetizers to desserts, you'll travel via motorcoach to sample the creativity and variety of vegan food found at Dallas' local eateries.
- Register the kiddos for the Dallas Zoo's Summer Camps, beginning June 7. The weeklong summer camps feature educational tours, games, creative projects, close-up animal encounters, and more.
- Practice wellness with a free fitness class at Klyde Warren Park. This month, enjoy Tai Chi with Tribe Wellness on June 12. Class size is limited, and registration is required to attend.
- Attend the first-ever Juneteenth Celebration Parade, March & Festival on June 19 in Fair Park. The free event will include a car show, food trucks, and live music!
- Register your youngster for Stomping Ground Comedy Theater's summer camps, beginning June 28. In this interactive camp, students will learn the basics of improv comedy and explore silly characters and physical comedy, while connecting and making new friends.
- Stop by POP! by Snowday at the Dallas Galleria. The immersive experience takes you through a series of nostalgic adventures, photos ops and themed rooms. The exhibit is great for all ages and is in Dallas through Labor Day.
- Don't miss the NERF Challenge, the ultimate heart-pumping, action-packed, competitive sports experience, will be housed at Fair Park through Aug. 8.
- Visit the Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Garden for the return of the Zimsculpt exhibit now through Aug. 8. This world-renowned collection of hand-selected, modern Zimbabwean stone sculptures features the talent of several contemporary Zimbabwean artists with more than 100 hand-selected, exquisite sculptures artfully displayed throughout the garden.
- See the Texas Rangers play at their new stadium this season! This month's game-day promotions include Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Days, bobblehead giveaways, and more.