As the summer season heats up, drinks get colder, fruit get sweeter and the pool looks more enticing than ever! Whether you're looking for seasonal sips, July events, or ways to be a great local tour guide for visiting friends and family, we have you covered. To keep cool, entertained and engaged with the best of Dallas, check out our picks for what to drink, do and enjoy this July in Dallas.
Drinks and dishes that taste like summer in Dallas
- A good ol' apple pie from Sweet J's Bakes! It's the perfect Americana dessert to bring to a fourth of July celebration or summer barbecue.
- A frozen margarita from Taqueria La Ventana. Once you and the kiddos are worn out from too much fun and sun at Klyde Warren Park, head down McKinney Avenue for an inexpensive order of street tacos and cold drinks at a casual patio picnic table with a giant umbrella. (Remember to check in on your Margarita Mile app while you're there!)
- Fresh fruit and vegetables! The Dallas Farmers Market stalls are bursting with berries, cucumbers, greens, peaches, peppers, summer squash and more!
- Iced Coffee. Swap that hot cup for iced coffee flights from Peaberry Coffee inside Celestial Beerworks in the Dallas Medical District.
- Cool down with the "World's Coldest Martini" at Drake's on Lovers Lane. With your choice of Grey Goose or Aviation Gin served super chilled and individually bottled, Drake's newest cocktail could be your new favorite.
For entertaining visiting friends and family
- Make memories and upgrade your family photo game when you visit POP! By Snowday at the Galleria Dallas. POP! is an interactive experience for all ages that takes guests on an adventure through themed rooms and photo moments.
- Bishop Cidercade offers a great time for all ages. Everyone from girlfriend, grandma to godson will have a blast playing arcade games! Enjoy one of Bishop Cider's awesome drinks like the Crackberry or Texas Tea while you set new pinball records in the sweet, sweet air conditioning.
- See a show or concert together! That's right - live entertainment has finally come back. Whether it's a show in the park, a theater production or a concert, there's something for everyone. Check out our events calendar to see what live shows are going on in July!
- Before enjoying the best of Lower Greenville, get your caffeine fix and plan your next trip together at Window Seat Coffee. This travel-themed cafe will tug on your summer-travel heartstrings.
- Go for a swim at one of Dallas' best hotel pools. Float along the lazy river at the Hilton Anatole's Jade Waters or soak up the sun and city views at the Virgin Hotel Dallas. If folks are staying at your house, The Adolphus also offers day passes to their pool!
For more ways to keep it cool during peak Texas heat, check out our guide to How to Beat the Heat in Dallas!
Five Fun Days to Celebrate (and ways to enjoy them!)
- July 4 - Independence Day. Check out events going on during Independence Day Weekend here, including celebrations at Klyde Warren Park and Dallas Heritage Village.
- July 13 - National French Fry Day. Celebrate by chowing down on our 8 favorite places to get fries in Dallas!
- July 14 - Bastille Day. Bishop Arts is home to a large French community! Learn how to take their lead on how to celebrate here.
- July 23 - Olympics opening Day. Watch the games at one of our many unique sports bars. Inspired by the swimming races? Check out the Fairmont Dallas' Olympic-sized pool!
- July 24 - National Tequila Day! This is a holiday we take very seriously in Dallas, and there's no better way to celebrate than by sipping your way through the Margarita Mile, a collection of 15 of the tastiest margaritas in the city. It's like a bar crawl, but Dallas style! Cheers!