Ahhh, finally time for the best month in Dallas - October! Why is October our favorite? The weather is often almost perfect, the State Fair of Texas is in full swing, the Dallas Stars and Dallas Mavs are playing at the American Airlines Center once again and the city comes to life with fresh fall flavors and hundreds of pumpkins. Check out all the reasons to explore and love Dallas this October.
Drinks and dishes that taste like Fall in Dallas
- Enjoy a seasonally delicious Harvest Tea service at the DeGolyer Restaurant all month long. This is a three-course tea amid the festive settings of the beautiful DeGolyer Tea Room within the Dallas Arboretum. Harvest Tea begins at $62 per person, with the option to add champagne service for an extra fee. Your ticket includes complimentary parking and garden admission. Reservations are a must and can be booked here.
- It's PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) Season! Check out White Rock Coffee for their scrumptious Iced Pumpkin Latte and Pumpkin Mini Loaf. This Dallas favorite can be found in both East Dallas and University Park.
- Taste the freshest veggies of the season at Belse, one of the newest restaurants in Downtown Dallas. This entirely vegan restaurant hosts vegan brunches every weekend full of delicious menu items such as Sweet Potato Enchiladas and Maple Rum Sliders that pair perfectly with a smoked sangria.
- Ferris Wheelers in the Design District is hosting a fun annual pop-up, State Ferris of Wheelers, once again this fall from Sept. 22-Oc. 23. Get your fair fix without the crowds while you enjoy signature BBQ dishes, themed cocktails, live music, games, and entertainers.
- Sip in the shade decorated with hanging lights and hundreds of pumpkins at the Magnolia Beer Garden at the State Fair of Texas.
- The Dallas Farmers Market offers pumpkins galore! Pick your perfect one (or seven, or seventeen - no judgment here) to take home to either decorate or cook with.
- The biggest pumpkin patch in the entire city of Dallas can be found at Autumn at the Arboretum at the Dallas Arboretum.
Best Places to Stay for Fall Activities
- The Pittman Hotel. The exterior alone feels like fall with the century-old Beaux Arts brick exterior. When you step into the lobby, you're greeted with the sounds of a locally inspired playlist, stunning high ceilings, leather furniture, cool concrete walls, and the delicious scents of comfort food wafting in from the hotel's signature restaurant, Elm & Good. The guest rooms feel cozy with the mix of steel, wood and textured velvet furniture and the softest linens. Want to explore the neighborhood? Borrow a bicycle from the lobby and cruise down the streets of Deep Ellum for free! When you're ready to settle in after adventuring around Dallas, gather around the outdoor deck for craft beers and live music.
- For a weekend of State Fair fun, the Sheraton Dallas Hotel is offering a discounted State Fair of Texas package, which includes breakfast for two each night of stay and a 20 percent food and beverage discount at Open Palette and Draft Sports Bar and Lounge when you show your State Fair of Texas ticket to your server. The package can be booked online with the promo S4B and is available during the entire run of the fair. Fun fact: the Sheraton is the largest hotel in North Texas with 1,840 guest rooms!
- You'll fall in love with Fall all over again during a stay at the incredible Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek. This luxury five-star hotel in the heart of Dallas oozes autumnal goodness with tones of tan, terracotta and lush greenery throughout. A cool October morning on the Restaurant Terrace or a romantic nightcap at the Mansion Bar could unmistakably become your new favorite memory in Dallas.
Three Fun Days to Celebrate (and ways to enjoy them!)
- October 4 - National Taco Day. With too many tasty taco options to begin to list, check out our blog covering just a few of the many tacos of Dallas.
- October 13 - National Fossil Day. The Perot Museum offers some of the best fossil viewing experiences in the country! Check out ancient fossils found around the world and even within Texas' soil.
- October 26 - National Pumpkin Day. Refer to all the above reasons on how to enjoy pumpkin everything!
Notable October Events and Attractions:
- Sept. 30 – Oct. 23: State Fair of Texas - Fair Park
- Now – Oct. 31: Autumn at the Arboretum - Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
- Oct. 7: Nashville Predators at Dallas Stars - American Airlines Center
- Oct. 8: Red River Showdown - Texas vs OU - Cotton Bowl Stadium
- Oct. 18: The Black Keys & Band of Horses - Dos Equis Pavillion
- Oct. 31: Numerous Halloween Events - Throughout Dallas
And many, many more! Check out our events calendar to find more can't miss October events!