November is one of the best months to discover Dallas. With fresh seasonal flavors, cooler temps and another exciting holiday season approaching, you're going to love all Dallas' fall and festive flourishes. Check out all the reasons November is a fantastic time to explore Dallas!
New Restaurants & Sweet Favorites
- Take advantage of some of the newest restaurants popping up all around Dallas this fall! Enjoy a dive into delicious, re-imagined Americana at National Anthem in Dallas' up-and-coming neighborhood, the East Quarter. From creative cocktails and elevated favorites like burgers and milk & cookies for dessert, you'll love what's served as much as the true Americana vibes that National Anthem serves up. For more new restaurants, check out our New Restaurants 2.0 guide.
- No holiday is complete without sweet indulgences like desserts, pies and cheesecake. Stop by for a slice of Drop Dead Gourdgeous pie - a spicy pumpkin custard with a gingerbread crust - from Emporium Pies or Val's Cheesecakes Jars from Val's Cheesecakes. Both businesses accept pre-orders for full cheesecakes and pies for your Thanksgiving table.
Get a Head Start on Holiday Orders and Tickets
- Whether you're visiting for Thanksgiving or simply don't want to fuss with doing dishes on the beloved holiday, here are our picks on where to dine in or order out for Thanksgiving dinner in Dallas.
- There are many highly coveted tickets to secure before you put up the holiday decorations. From extravagant light displays and holiday teas to theater productions and concerts, find out what tickets you should book right now for the holidays here!
November Hotel Deals in Dallas
- The Virgin Hotels Dallas will have you falling in love all over again with their Fall Fork Over Heels deal. Book a stay this month and get a $50 food & beverage credit when you stay two or more nights to enjoy coffee, dinner or cocktails at their Funny Library Coffee Shop, Commons Club or The Pool Club. Centrally located to all of the fun of Dallas with the ease of being in the heart of the Design District, you'll love staying at the Virgin.
- The Statler in Downtown Dallas is offering one of their best-priced packages yet - a big discount of 25% off their best available rate. Check in, cozy up and enjoy some of the hotel's best in-house dining and entertainment options like Primo's, Overeasy and Waterproof. Just in time for the holidays, this deal is only available this November and December.
Fun Days to Celebrate (and ways to enjoy them!)
- Nov. 4 - National Candy Day. Celebrate with sweet treats original to Dallas from Kate Weiser Chocolates. Have a big sweet tooth? This guide should help!
- Nov. 6 - National Nachos Day. Dallas has no shortage of options here. Some of our favorites are from Las Palmas and Gloria's Latin Cuisine. Check out more options here in our guide to South of the Border Dining.
- Nov. 23 - National Espresso Day. Consider it a holiday for a day-long coffee crawl across the city. Here are some of our favorite coffee shops in Dallas.
- Nov. 25 - Thanksgiving Day. Enjoy your celebrations with loved ones and eat to your heart's content!
Notable November Events and Attractions:
- Now through Nov. 28: Van Gogh Exhibit Dallas: The Immersive Experience at Lighthouse Dallas
- Nov. 5-9: World Food Championships - Centennial Hall at Fair Park
- Nov. 7: Chefs for Farmers - Dallas Heritage Village
- Nov. 9-Jan. 2: Holiday at the Arboretum - Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
- Nov. 10-Dec. 5: Hamilton - Fair Park
- Nov. 19-Jan 2: Zoo Lights - Dallas Zoo
- Nov. 13: Black Tie Dinner - Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- Nov. 26-Dec. 5: Texas Ballet Theater's The Nutcracker - Winspear Opera House
And many, many more! Check out our events calendar to find more can't-miss November events!