November is one of the best months to discover Dallas. With fresh seasonal flavors, cooler temps and another exciting holiday season approaching, you're going to love all Dallas' fall and festive flourishes. Check out all the reasons November is a fantastic time to explore Dallas!
Iconic Restaurants & Sweet Favorites
- Before the world turns to sharing tasty turkeys and passing the stuffing around the table, treat yourself to one of the best steak dinners in Dallas at Knife. This hot spot's James Beard award-winning Chef John Tesar pairs modern with classic in everything from the texas-raised beef to the elevated yet cozy ambiance.
- No holiday is complete without sweet indulgences like desserts, pies and cheesecake. Stop by for a slice of Drop Dead Gourdgeous pie - a spicy pumpkin custard with a gingerbread crust - from Emporium Pies or Val's Cheesecakes Jars from Val's Cheesecakes. Both businesses accept pre-orders for full cheesecakes and pies for your Thanksgiving table.
Get a Head Start on Holiday Orders and Tickets
- Whether you're visiting for Thanksgiving or simply don't want to fuss with doing dishes on the beloved holiday, here are our picks on where to dine in or order out for Thanksgiving dinner in Dallas.
- There are many highly coveted tickets to secure before you put up the holiday decorations. From extravagant light displays and holiday teas to theater productions and concerts, find out what tickets you should book right now for the holidays here!
November Hotel Deals in Dallas
- The Virgin Hotels Dallas will be the perfect landing pad with their Autumnscape deal. Book a stay this month and get daily breakfast and a $50 food & beverage credit when you stay two or more nights to enjoy coffee, dinner or cocktails at their Funny Library Coffee Shop, Commons Club or The Pool Club. Centrally located to all of the fun of Dallas with the ease of being in the heart of the Design District, you'll love staying at the Virgin.
- We know once you're here, you'll want to stay just a little longer. The Rosewood Mansion wants to give you a little more lime to linger in luxury with their More Rosewood package - book two nights and get the third one complimentary! There's never been a better reason to relish in 5-star getaway goodness.
Fun Days to Celebrate (and ways to enjoy them!)
- Nov. 4 - National Candy Day. Celebrate with sweet treats original to Dallas from Kate Weiser Chocolates. Have a big sweet tooth? This guide should help!
- Nov. 6 - National Nachos Day. Dallas has no shortage of options here. Some of our favorites are from Las Palmas and Gloria's Latin Cuisine. Check out more options here in our guide to South of the Border Dining.
- Nov. 23 - National Espresso Day. Consider it a holiday for a day-long coffee crawl across the city. Here are some of our favorite coffee shops in Dallas.
- Nov. 24 - Thanksgiving Day. Enjoy your celebrations with loved ones and eat to your heart's content!
Notable November Events and Attractions:
- Nov. 1: Dia de los Muertos Concert - Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center
- Nov. 1-13: Broadway in Dallas: My Fair Lady - Music Hall at Fair Park
- Nov. 4: Toronto Raptors at Dallas Mavericks - American Airlines Center
- Nov. 9-13: World Food Championships - Centennial Hall at Fair Park
- Nov. 9-Dec. 31: Holiday at the Arboretum - Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens
- Nov. 16-19: Chi Omega Christmas Market - Automobile Building in Fair Park
- Nov. 19-Jan 2: Zoo Lights - Dallas Zoo
- Nov. 25-Jan 1: Enchant - Fair Park
- Nov. 25-Dec. 4: Texas Ballet Theater's The Nutcracker - Winspear Opera House
- Nov. 27-Dec 23: Harry Connick, Jr.'s The Happy Elf - Dallas Children's Theater
And many, many more! Check out our events calendar to find more can't-miss November events!